Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gobble Gobble :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Today I am thankful for my health, my friends, and my amazing cooking skills!! I can't wait to make my first Thanksgiving dinner today, hopefully my turkey doesn't turn out like all the ones in the movies that are either ashes on the inside or so hard you can't even cut through it!

Today is an exciting day because I received my Paleo Comfort Foods book...YAY!! You know what that means I now have about 200 NEW recipes to try! I don't even know where to start there are so many delicious looking goodies in it!!

I can't wait to share how my dinner turns out but for now I must tell you about my breakfast I made this morning. It was heaven in a muffin tin! I found the recipe on http://www.civilizedcavemancooking.com/ (another blog Paleo blog I might be addicted to!! )

German Apple Pancakes

What you need-

  • 6 Eggs
  • 1 Cup Almond Milk (Original, unsweetened)
  • 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
  • 2 Tsp Vanilla
  • 2 Tsp Pure Maple Syrup
  • 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
  • 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/8 Tsp Nutmeg
  • 2 Apples, cored and diced
  • 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
  • 2 Tbsp Raw Organic Honey (YUM!)
  • 1 Tsp Cinnamon
  • 1 Tsp Nutmeg
  • Juice of 1/2 Lemon
  • Handful of crushed pecans
What you do-
  1. Preheat Oven to 425 Degrees
  2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla, and Maple Syrup
  3. In a small bowl, stir coconut flour, nutmeg, and baking soda
  4. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients and beat well to combine, set aside while you prepare the apples
  5. In a small saute pan, heat 2 Tbsp coconut oil and raw organic honey  
  6. Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, and juice of 1/2 Lemon and cook for 1 minute
  7. Add in your apples and sauté until all your apples are nicely coated
  8. I used a muffin tin and evenly divided the apples into each cup, then over the apples evenly cover with liquid mixture
  9. Bake for 20 Minutes at 425 and then reduce heat to 375 and cook for an additional 20 Minutes
  10. Sprinkle with Pecans when removed from the oven
  11. NOmm NOMM!! Enjoy!


4 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds and looks great!! I will have to try this one this week!!

LB said...

Karen, did you try these yet? They are probably one my favorite things right now, I have to make them again soon. The best thing was they lasted days so you can have a weeks worth of breakfast made!

Karen said...

No but they are on my list. This week I am trying recipes from Paleo Comfort foods book. Steak rolls, Jambalaya and Chile as it should be.

LB said...

Let me know how those turn out! I am making the pancakes again right now!