Monday, February 20, 2012

Cooking Therapy

So I always hear people talk about "retail therapy" I've tried it...not for me. It only makes me more upset and more anxious....either because I didn't find anything I liked or because I spent way to much money!! So today needing some serious therapeutic help I decided to try "Cooking therapy" I went to the grocery store and got enough ingredients to make about 4 recipes I've been wanting to try. I decided to start out with two...then just have a little wine therapy to end the night! :) I ended up having two HUGE Successes so I would say my therapy session was for the most part a success!!

It has been a little bit since I have posted so ofcourse I have tons of great recipes I would love to share with you from the past 2 months but first I am going to post part of today's amazingness!! The first will be the Paleo Blueberry Muffins and then I'll be back tomorrow to post the Pesto Chicken "Pasta" both of which I found from the amazing Juli at http://www.paleoOMG.com if you haven't checked her blog out. You must do so now!!! She also posts all her goodies on Facebook and Twitter!


Blueberry Muffins!

What you need-

1 Cup almond Butter
1 cup Almond meal
3 eggs
1/2 cup Raw Honey (I was out so I used Agave Nectar)
1/3 cup Unsweetended Shredded Coconut
1/3 cup Virgin Coconut Oil, Melted!!
1/2 Tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
pinch of cinnamon
1/2 cup fresh blueberries (I threw in a few extra!!)

What you do-
First Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. You can mix wet and dry seperate I personally mixed wet first then added dry to save dishes!!
Place mix in muffin cups inside muffin tin. My mix made 9 muffins.
Bake for 15-20mins!!
NOM NOM Enjoy!!!
Great to make for the week!

No comments: